Dr. Manish Shah
(M.D., D.G.O. , Dip. In Gynec Endoscopy(CICE, France))
Academic Background :
- Passed Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of surgery (MBBS) from NHL Municipal medical college, Ahmedabad in 1999.
- Passed Diploma in obstetrics and gynecology (DGO) from K.M.School of postgraduate medicine and research, V.S.General hospital, Ahmedabad (2nd in Gujarat University) in 2001
- MD in obstetrics and gynecology from K.M.School of postgraduate medicine and research, V.S.General hospital, Ahmedabad in 2002.
Academic Training and Affiliations:
- Taken a basic training in ultrasound – FOGSI APPROVED COURSE IN 2002.
- Taken a training in advanced gynec endoscopy-FOGSI APPROVED COURSE in 2003.
- Trained at CICE, CLERMONT-FERRAND, FRANCE and got DIPLOMA IN ADVANCED GYNECOLOGICAL ENDOSCOPY .
- Life Member of Indian Association of Gynec Endoscopists.
Publications, Paper Presentations and Professional Achievements:
- Presented a paper on Antepartum Fetal Monitoring by NON STRESS TEST in all India congress of obstetricians and gynecologists (2000).
- Attended conference of All India congress of obstetricians and gynecologists and workshop on fetal monitoring.
- Co-authored a chapter on CRITICAL EVALUATION OF CASAERIAN SECTION TECHNIQUE which is, published in clinical textbook of obstetrics- A FOGSI publication.
- Co-authored a chapter on Puberty Menorrhagia published in a textbook called DUB - A fogsi publication.
- Co-authored a chapter on “Role of Laparoscopy surgery for Infertility in endometriosis” published in textbook of laparoscopy surgery, 2nd edition.
- Co-authored a chapter on “Role of endoscopy in infertility Management” published in Textbook of Endoscopy.The book is edited by Dr. Kamini Rao, Bangalore.
- Co-authored an Article on “Endoscopic Instrumentations” published in Textbook of Endoscopy.
- Co-authored an Article on “Laparoscopic Management of Benign Ovarian Mass”
- Delivered a presentation on “Management of Proximal Tubal Block” at “YUVA FOGSI 2007” at Ahmedabad.
- Presented a Paper on “Ectopic Pregnancy – A study of 200 cases” at IAGE 2006.
- Delivered a presentation on “Evidence based endoscopy surgery” at SOGOG 2008.
- Participated as operating faculty in “Endoscopy Update 2009” organized by BHUJ OB/GYN Soc...
- Participated as operating faculty in“Endovision 2010” at Ahmedabad organised under AOGS and IAGE and Endoscopy committee of FOGSI.
- Delivered a presentation on “Management of Dermoid Cyst” at “Endovision 2010”.
- Got the Best video presentation prize for Fibroid Surgery at “Endovision 2010”.
- Participated as operating faculty in “Optimizing in Gynec Endoscopy-An ISGE and IAGE Event” at Ahmedabad in 2012.
- Delivered a presentation on “Intraoperative and Postoperative Recognition and Management of Bowel Injuries” at “Optimizing in Gynec Endoscopy-An ISGE and IAGE Event” at Ahmedabad in 2012.
- Worked as a fulltime consultant at high-risk pregnancy unit of Sterling hospital – Ahmedabad for one year. This hospital is one of the leading hospitals of western India providing tertiary care facility in all specialties.
- Worked as an endoscopic surgeon for three and half years at Pulse Women’s Hospital (Earlier Advanced Fertility and Endoscopic Centre and Melbourne IVF Gujarat, Ahmedabad.) Worked as full time gynecologists and assisting and performing all of the endoscopic and IVF procedures including stimulation protocols, ovum pick up and embryo transfers.
- Member of organizing committee of “Fertility Focus” conference held at Ahmedabad in November 2005.
- Member of organizing committee of “Nsemble 2006” conference held at Ahmedabad in November 2006.
- Member of organizing committee of “IAGE (Indian association of Gynec Endoscopy) 2007” conference held at Ahemedabad in May 2007.
- Actively participated in many laparoscopy workshops held in the city.
- Had visited Jubail Hospital, Ghana, West Africa for performing gynec endoscopy procedures.
- Conducted and participated in many laparoscopy Surgery camps at Hissar, Haryana
- Working as private consultant at Tulip women’s Hospital and Wings Women’s Hospital at drive in road, Ahmedabad.
- Working as a endoscopic surgeon and visiting many hospitals like Sterling Hospital and Shalby Hospital and many private nursing homes all over Gujarat.
- Rendered endoscopy services at Jubail Hospital, Accra, Ghana, West Africa and also at Hissar at Haryana, Banswara and Bikaner at Rajasthan, India
- Special interest in gynec endoscopy (Minimal Invasive Surgery) and FERTILITY PROMOTING SURGERIES.